Cambridge Academy’s curriculum “Strong Foundations”
is based on sound child development principles of how
children grow and learn and is structured by the guidelines of the
0-3yrs / Pre-K TEKS
(Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills)
Strong Foundations …….
– Promotes interactive learning
– Helps children achieve social, emotional, linguistic, physical, and cognitive goals
– Builds and elaborates on children’s current knowledge and abilities
– Encourages active learning and frequently allows children to make meaningful choices
– Promotes the development of higher order abilities, such as thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
– Promotes feelings of safety, security, and belonging
– Provides experiences that promote feelings of success, competence, and enjoyment of learning
– Has expectations that are realistic, attainable and are developmentally appropriate
– Facilitates concept learning and skills development in an integrated and natural way
– Promotes and encourages social interaction among children and adults